Middle Eastern Kofta
Traditional kofta it's a mixture of minced meat, herbs and spices, what would you say for a delicious lentil based version ?
It's a very quick recipe, ideal for carnivores and anyone following whole food plant based diet, as it doesn't contain any oil or artificial ingredients
✅200g cooked brown lentils
✅2 shredded carrots 🥕🥕
✅1 chopped brown onion
✅3 tablespoons garam/ chickpea flour (or more depends how juicy are your carrots)
✅2 stalks of coriander
✅2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds
✅1 tablespoon of cumin powder
✅1 tablespoon of coriander powder
✅1 tablespoon of dried mint or fresh mint
✅1 teaspoon of cinnamon
✅14-17 wooden skewers
1. Preheat the oven to 200C
2. Put everything (except flour) into a blender and process together. Ensure there are still some chunks of lentils, you don’t want to overprocess it.
3. Put the mixture in a bowl, add chickpea flour and mix together, adjust seasoning if needed.
4. Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and form an oval shape. Thread on to skewer. Repeat until you use all the lentil mixture.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes
6. Serve either cold or hot.
Happy Cooking 👩🍳👩🍳👩🍳