Kookoo Sibzamini, a delicious simple snack. Often served during picnics, but you can also use it for lunch or dinner.
It's made mostly from potatoes and eggs, my version is vegan and gluten free.
Kookoo Sibzamini celebrates potatoes.
Make some extra, as they taste amazing next day !
✅ 300g boiled potatoes grated
✅70g chickpea flour
✅15g nutritional yeast
✅15g psyllium husk
✅1 tablespoon dried mint
✅1 teaspoon turmeric powder
✅2 teaspoons kala namak, black salt
1. Prepare the eggy mixture - blend chickpea flour, water, black salt, nutritional yeast, psyllium husk and turmeric
2. Add dried mint and grated potatoes
3. The mixture should be thick enough to be handled
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a non stick pan over medium heat.
5. Shape the patties and fry them in the hot oil in batches. Fry for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side until crispy.
6.Place fried potato cakes on a kitchen towel to absorb their excess oil.
7. Serve with pickles or plenty of fresh vegetables
Happy Cooking 👩🍳