'Smuggle' nutrients into your sweet treats - this recipe is full of fiber and proteins
Chickpeas, the main ingredient, are a great source of plant-based protein and fiber. They can help keep you full and provide essential nutrients.
Enjoy your sweet treat, this chickpea cookies offer a guilt-free indulgence. Chickpeas are a good source of vitamins and minerals like folate, iron, and magnesium. They add nutritional value to your cookies. This vegan chickpea cookies can be just as delicious and satisfying as traditional cookies. The chickpeas add a unique, slightly nutty flavor and a moist texture.
1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 cup oat flour - oats blitzed in a blender
2-3 table spoons of maple syrup
100g dark chocolate chips
1 tablespoon of peanut/almond butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat your oven to 180C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a powerful blender or food processor, blend chickpeas until smooth. If needed, add maple syrup to help the blending process.
3. Combine the chickpea puree with the remaining ingredients in your equipment or in a separate bowl if necessary. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Scoop 1.5 tablespoons of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, then flatten them (these cookies won't spread).
5.Bake for 15-18 minutes or until edges are golden and bottoms start to brown.
6. Let them cool for a few minutes before enjoying.
Happy Cooking 👩🍳👩🍳👩🍳