t's an absolutely delicious, quick and easy recipe for Kerala inspired coconut curry.
Kerala cuisine has an abundance of coconut, today 's recipe is a true celebration of coconut mild flavour.
You can have this Kerala Curry ready on the table within 35 min
This curry is lightly spiced , so ideal also for those which prefer milder flavours. It's nicely balanced with tomato paste.
Vegan Kerala Curry
1 onion finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic minced
1 inch of ginger finely chopped
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon cardamon powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
10 curry leaves
1 tablespoon of coconut oil (optional)
1 sweet potato (steamed and cut into cubes)
1 carrot - cubed
1/2 broccoli - cut into florets
200g of tofu (cut into cubes , baked in the oven or air fried)
350ml coconut milk
1. On a dry non-stick pan fry mustard seeds, and cook, undisturbed, until seeds begin to pop and crackle - about 1 minute.
2. If you are using oil add it now and fry onion, garlic and ginger until softened - about 5 minutes
3. Add all the spices (including curry leaves) and fry for another 2 minutes
4. Pour tomato paste and coconut milk
5. Let it simmer for 2 minutes
6. Add veggies and tofu with a splash of water and let it cook for another 6-7 minutes
7. Serve with brown rice