Veganised Persian classic, ideal for picnic
Kookoo Sibzamini is often served during picnics, but you can also use it for lunch or dinner.
One of the most popular Persian snack
It's made mostly from potatoes and eggs, my version is vegan and gluten free.
Kookoo Sibzamini celebrates potatoes, so feels really close to Polish (my childhood) cuisine.
Crispy outside and soft texture inside. Serve it with vegetables or pickles.
Make some extra, as they taste amazing next day !
Vegan Kookoo Sibzamini
300g boiled potatoes grated
70g chickpea flour
15g nutritional yeast
15g psyllium husk
1 tablespoon dried mint
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoons kala namak, black salt
1. Prepare the eggy mixture - blend chickpea flour, water, black salt, nutritional yeast, psyllium husk and turmeric
2. Add dried mint and grated potatoes
3. The mixture should be thick enough to be handled
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a non stick pan over medium heat.
5. Shape the patties and fry them in the hot oil in batches. Fry for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side until crispy.
6.Place fried potato cakes on a kitchen towel to absorb their excess oil.
7. Serve either warm or cold