Updated: Oct 11
Super quick snack, ready on your table within 15 minutes, perfect for using any leftover boiled potatoes. Ideal for a savory afternoon snack
The primary ingredient in vegan potato nuggets is, of course, potatoes.Chickpea flour, which help hold the nuggets together adds also extra protein to this dish. The entire recipe is absolutely oil free.
Make the potato the star of your plate
2 large potatoes, cooked (can be leftover)
30g chickpea flour (also known as besan)
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. Mash your potatoes
2. In a mixing bowl, combine potatoes, chickpea flour, nutritional yeast , garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and chopped kale.
3. Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C). (You can also use the oven
4. Form a small balls from your potato mixture and place the potato nuggets in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Do not overcrowd; you may need to do this in batches.
5. Air fry the nuggets for about 12-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time. They should become crispy and golden brown.
6. Remove the nuggets from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
7. Serve your vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free potato nuggets with your favorite dipping sauce, such as ketchup, vegan ranch, or barbecue sauce.
Happy Cooking 👩🍳👩🍳👩🍳