Pistachio Mediterranean Bites
If you are looking for some finger food or a light appetiser to start your Middle Eastern Feast😍,we have an absolutely oil free delicious recipe. 🍆🍆🍆Eggplant/aubergine is my favourite vegetable, it's so versatile, it works in Asian, Indian, Middle Eastern, Italian or even Russian cusine. Just few months ago I shared with you a recipe 👩🍳for eggplant based Mediterranean bites. Today's versions is a medley of the best Mediterranean flavours - tomatoes, basil and cheese.
This recipe is perfect if you are following a whole foods plant based diet or just looking for healthy veggie based alternatives.
Please note that as we are use nutritional yeast there is no salt in this recipe, feel free to adjust to your preference.
✅50g sun dried tomatoes
✅1-2 garlic cloves (depends on your personal preference)
✅10 cherry tomatoes
✅1 teaspoon garlic powder
✅3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Cut eggplant into 1 cm thick slices
3. Arrange eggplant slices on a baking sheet (or two if you don’t have room).
4. Roast the eggplant for about 20-25 min. I like to cook them until they are soft and golden. As we are not using any oil for this recipe they won't be very crispy.
5. Blend cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, basil until smooth thick paste. You can always use a splash of water if needed
6. Crush pistachios with garlic powder and nutritional yeast so it resembles bread crumbs
7.Once the eggplant has cooled spread tomato/basil paste and put crushed nuts on the top
8. Enjoy it
Happy Cooking 👩🍳