Great alternative to traditional fries, a gourmet snack ready to impress! 💫
Polenta, made from cornmeal, is a good source of complex carbohydrates and dietary fiber. It provides sustained energy and supports digestive health. And they taste absolutely amazing - They're crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and simply irresistible. 😍.
This recipe is completely oil-free; instead of frying, we are baking them in the oven
I recommend to try them as a side dish to this Middle Eastern Veggie Kofta
These polenta chips are versatile! Pair them with your favorite dipping sauce or enjoy as a side dish with a meal.
1 cup polenta
2 ½ cups water veggie broth
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon rosemary
1. To make the polenta fries, bring broth a boil and whisk in polenta. Continue to cook, stirring, until smooth, cook for about 10 minutes
2. . Add nutritional yeast and rosemary and cook for another 10 minutes. Stir constantly making sure polenta doesn’t stick to bottom of the pan
3. Line a baking dish with parchment paper, pour polenta in and press into the pan until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
4. Remove polenta from the baking dish and slice into fries about ¼ inch thick.
5. Preheat oven to 200C
6. Brush your fries with olive oil and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden Happy Cooking 👩🍳👩🍳👩🍳